Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday, march 4th, 2010

Today I did not count my fruit flies, because i don't want to kill them by anesticising them everyday. I'm kind of worried about my lack of data (4 days counting flies, 2 counting pupa) but I hope I will have enough to graph by Wednesday. this what i got today:

3/4/10 Control Pupa: 89 Control F2 Pupa: 42
Small Pupa: 140 Small f2 Pupa: 41
Medium Pupa: 8 Medium F2 Pupa:4
Large Pupa: 21 Large F2 Pupa: 5

Before my data was all messed up because i wasn't able to add smoke to the fruit flies due to the snow days, but that i've been doing it for a few days finally i think my data is getting back on track, or atleast the pupa data is. yesterday there were 30 pupa in the F2 control vial and now there is 42. the flies are developing fast in the control, and not as fast in any of the others. Maybe i will end up with the results i predicited! Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment