Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday, Febuary 9th 2010

Today I did my experiment, and happily learned that my bugs have hatched! surprisingly, the experiment is going like i predicted, and the bugs in the vials with the most smoke have not hatched! I'm so happy that my experiment is ACTUALLY working!
this is the data i collected today:
2/9/10 control Adult flies: around 3 or 2.5 mm

Flies in puparium:
3 mm

larva: 5 mm Some larva have hatched, and some have gone into the puparium and are undergoing metemorphis. From what I can see 7 new adlut flies have hatched.
Tgere are many in the puparium, but they are to hard ot count.
There are still some larva left.
11 cc Adult: 3 mm

Puparium: 3 mm

Larva 5 mm 6 flies have under gone matamorphis and have emerged as an adult fly. There are still some in the puparium though.
I saw 1 larva moving around, so I assume there is more.
22 cc Adult: 3 mm
Puparium: 2-3 mm
Larva: 5 mm So far 1 fly has emerged, the rest are in the puparium. A few of the pupariums have darkens, so I know the dult fly will emerge soon.
33 cc Adult: 3 mm
Puparium: 3 mm
Larva: 5 mm 1 fruit fly has emerged, and the rest are in the puparium. Once again, a few of the pupariums have darkened so I know flys will emerge soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment